Tuesday, July 8, 2014

say yes.

Less than seven months they say. 

I can't believe that in less than seven months I will be married to my best friend. Tony and I dated for 4 1/2 years before he popped the question. When he proposed in May, I figured what's the point of waiting 2 more years, so we made our wedding date for January. When it was May, January seemed SO far away. Well, it's already July and January is literally around the corner. One thing I said I would do is try to have A LOT of the stuff done by the time I started working again in the Fall. It's safe to say I have almost done that!

* Finalized our date
* Booked our venue
* Booked our caterer
* Cake
* Photographer
* Took engagement pictures 
* Most important...

FOUND MY DRESS!



I think this was probably the task that I dreaded the most. The idea of trying on a million and one dresses and most likely feeling like a fat cow did not sound appealing to me at all. I realized I had to get going on this because the wedding was not too far away. I went with my mom and sister (MOH) and went to a place near my hometown first. I really can't say I was impressed much. I probably tried on 10 or so and found one that would've worked. It would've been alright and we put it on hold. 

Then.......

We went to Stone Manor Bridal in Grafton. As soon as I walked in, I realized this is the experience I was looking and hoping for. The place was beautiful and I almost felt like I was on "Say Yes to the Dress". 


FYI- None of these dresses were mine!

First thing we did was discuss what I thought I was looking for and we went through and picked out any dress that was remotely similar to what I visioned. I probably had 15-20 different dresses to try on. 

There were some that I knew were not the right dress. But, I felt confident in three. We put those to the side and continued to try on dresses. It was a lot easier to say "no" to dresses because I had my mind set on these three. 

I was glad I had my mom and sister there because it was a great experience for the three of us. I felt that if I had too many more, I would have more opinions and that can get messy!


After trying on the three dresses again, I narrowed it down to two. My sister finally helped me talk through the last two dresses and helped me make my decision. I am SO indecisive, so having her there to help me weigh my options was so helpful. I couldn't be any happier with my choice. I cannot wait to wear my dress and have Tony see me in it.


If you are married or engaged- How many dresses did you have to try on before saying "YES"?




No comments:

Post a Comment