Monday, July 7, 2014

21 days and counting.

21 days and counting.

This could be interesting. If you know me, you know I am always trying something new. Couch to 5K, Tracy Anderson Method, South Beach, My Fitness Pal, Weight Watchers, whatever it has been I have given up EVERY TIME. 

Well... I'm at it again, but this time I am trying the 21 Day Fix from Beachbody. Why not try something new once again right? This one has me kind of excited though. Like I've said, I'm not working so I need to keep busy. Basically you get these super cute containers and you can eat a set number of them everyday. So, it is quite a bit of prep, but being home all day gives me something to do! You also have one 30 minute workout everyday as well. Which I won't lie... it kind of kicked my butt today. 


There are seven containers total. 
Purple= Fruit
Green= Veggies
Red= Protein
Blue= Cheeses/Nuts 
Yellow= Carbs
Orange= Dressings/Seeds

I think the part I like best of this plan is that fact that it helps with portions, something I really struggle with.



I am completely out of printer ink... so I had to make my own tracking sheets. Thankfully I had different color pens, phew. I'm staying in between the 1,200-1,499 calorie bracket. With that I get 3 green containers, 2 fruit, 4 protein, 2 carbs, 1 cheese/nuts, 1 dressing/seeds and 2 teaspoon of oil or nut butters. 



I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought it would help me see how far I've come on the plan and how much longer I have to go. I don't think I've ever made it longer than maybe 2 weeks on some sort of diet, so I'm really going to try and get through these 21 days. 

I'm about 1/2 way through the day and feeling really good. I'm not starving by any means and forgot how much I enjoy cooking. 

What dieting tricks work for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment