Sunday, July 13, 2014

Recap.

Weekend recap.

It seems these weekends continue to go faster and faster. I can't believe that tomorrow is July 14th, half way done with July. Which means that much close to another school year starting. Yikes.

Not part of the weekend (unless you don't work, then everyday is the weekend) but Thursday I was able to meet up with 5/6 bridesmaids! It was such a great time to be able to have them all meet and take some time to pick out the bridesmaids dresses. I went in there with a pretty good idea of what I wanted. A champagne color. Well, that changed in a matter of about 15 minutes of being there. Because we are getting married at night at an art museum, I decided to go with black. I feel that it will look so classy and chic and look good on EVERYONE. I am so excited to share this experience with my six bridesmaids and look forward to the next few months. 



We went to dinner and laughed a ton. I am so glad to have just ONE MORE THING crossed off my list. 

If you are like me and LOVE lists (I think I have like 10 different notepads with lists on all of them) then you have to get The Bride's Essential Book of Lists . It is amazing. It has so many lists and divided into categories. There are so many things that I didn't even think about when I was looking over the lists. 



Friday, Tony and I literally grabbed a quick bite to eat and laid in bed and caught up on Orange is the New Black. If you have not yet watched this Netflix series- YOU MUST. It is a great show and not at all what I expected. It is pretty risqué- just a heads up, but I love all the different characters. It makes a women's prison ALMOST look like a sorority. I'm not looking to try it out though.

Saturday, Tony and I went to our FAVORITE restaurant in Sheboygan. I'm drooling right now even thinking about it. We then met up with some of my high school friends who were in town. I love to meet up with my old friends because everything is just the same as it was when we were in high school. We laughed a ton and had such a great time talking and reminiscing. 


Today, we were VERY lazy. Didn't get up until super late and grabbed a salad at the Public Market and headed to Bastille Days, which is a festival in Milwaukee. Seeing as I am on day 7 of my 21 Day Fix... it SUCKED (sorry, but really...) there was a million different restaurants and all sorts of beer and drinks... and I could have NOTHING. It was miserable. My stomach was growling and I walked as fast as possible to get out of there. Beignets, creme brûlée, deep fried chocolate chip cookies with salted carmel dipping sauce...(licking lips) yeah it took a lot to not get anything, but I managed. I can't wait to go next year where I can maybe have a little treat, everything looked amazing.

We grabbed some sushi (weird, I know) and finished up our Save the Dates. Busy week ahead and looking forward to what's ahead.

What did you do this weekend? Go to a favorite restaurant? See old friends? 

No comments:

Post a Comment