Tuesday, August 7, 2012

gettin' crafty.

I've been on a little bit of DIY stint lately. I most recently made a magnetic make-up board. I have the problem of my make-up being shoved in a bag and covered in powder or blush. I also notice that it is so hard to find anything too. I saw a ton of these going around Pinterest and decided I needed to try it!

I got fabric and magnets and was just going to use an old pan that I had because it was looking pretty gross. After I had it all done, I decided I was NOT into it. It did not look that cute at all. I don't think that it the magnets would've worked either.

I went to Hobby Lobby to get some other stuff that I needed and found a frame that had a magnetic board already in it. I was going to buy a frame and then go to Home Depot to get a metal board until I ran into this little number. It was 50% off too! Even better when things are one sale :)


I still used my leftover fabric and wrapped it around the magnetic board because I am obsessed with this Ikat design! It also matched the frame perfect!

I then hot glued all of my make-up with magnets and put them on the board. I also wanted to revamp my brushes because they were getting ruined in my bag. I got 2 vases from the Dollar Tree and those glass pebble things (?) also from the Dollar Tree! They are very accessible now and are in a lot better shape!



I love the way it looks. Now I just need my own area (maybe a 2nd bathroom) where I can have all my stuff. I don't think that Tony likes having all my "crap" all over the bathroom! I've been reading a blog and her little vanity area is amazing! That is one stipulation when looking for a new place to live one day!


How do you keep your bathroom "crap" organized?!

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea. Really like the design and frame color. :)

    ReplyDelete