Tuesday, July 3, 2012

one of my favorite summer activities

One of my favorite summer activities is going to the Farmer's Market. However, going in 90 degree weather isn't part of the fun. But... Tony and I decided to tough it out and go there this afternoon. It really threw me off because it is usually on Wednesdays, but with the 4th being tomorrow, it was today. 

I stopped at my favorite stand... Jams, Jellies, and More. Okay... yes, that is my parents' stand so of course it is my favorite. I picked up some of my new favorite jam, Raspberry   Rhubarb, which I helped make on Monday. Another reason I haven't blogged, I was slaving away with my mom :)


If haven't checked out their stand you really should! There are TONS of flavors.


They even have Cherry Salsa with a glimpse of their new logo that will (hopefully) be coming soon (and Tony is doing that :) )


One of their best selling jams is Summer Berry. It has blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.... I think??? Oops!

It was sooooooo hot there though. Luckily my parents have shade so it wasn't too bad by them. Walking around was a killer. We tried to put on a happy face for a nice picture :)


Check out some of the grub I got! I was pretty satisfied with my purchases.


We tried some pepperoni stuffed bread at Breadsmith and then felt as if I should buy something so we got some french bread to make some amazing toast (using my new jam obviously) and some PB&J (again using the jam... not trying to plug the jam or anything.. just LOVE IT!) I also got some veggies to use in my stir fry I make which I know Tony loves. Along with some raspberries. I can't ever pass those up. Then I got some of my FAVORITE kettle corn ever! I got it to share with my niece and nephew tomorrow at the parade. It's red, white, and blue if you can't tell. Mmmmmm everything looks so good. I can't wait to see what I find next week. Tony did make a deal with me (sort of) he said that he would not go if it was above 90 degrees. I definitely think I have to agree with that!

We were trying to figure what we wanted to have for dinner.  I think we came up with like 10 different options and after finally giving in to Tony, we went for Chinese. I was so pushing for sushi, but finally settled. I was going to go for the "diet" (as they call it?) chicken and veggies but quickly changed my mind when I saw the price. That's when I went for just the "non-diet" (I guess?) chicken and veggies. I'm sorry, but the $4 difference had me choose the cheaper one!


Looks good though for sure! And I have enough for another meal!

Well, hopefully everyone has a great 4th of July! 

What sort of fun plans do you have for the 4th?!



No comments:

Post a Comment