Sunday, July 15, 2012

handy {wo}man

I've come to really love Sundays. Tony and I went to Starbucks to have a little breakfast and coffee. We really wanted to go to a local coffee shop that is by our house, but it was closed?! What... on a Sunday?! That just seems weird to be closed on a Sunday.

Anyways... so we went there for awhile and then did our weekly grocery shopping. It's so typical that all the necessities seem to run out at the SAME time. Cat litter, cat food, toilet paper, AHHHHHH! 

I came home and cleaned.. YUCK. But, I will admit, it looks pretty darn good :) It's always the best feeling coming home to a clean house (or apartment). 

I was quite the handy {wo}man today. We've had a stool that has been sitting in a box since we moved into our apartment in May... I think I've asked Tony to put it together once a week since then... so instead, I decided to take things into my own hands... literally! I will admit I did an excellent job! 


Don't mind the cats' toy Victoria laying on the ground.. she really takes a beating for those boys!

I also had to put together something for school that I will be using as mailboxes for my students. It's funny how when you look at the outside of the box... it looks WAY bigger than when you put it together... oh well, it will do! 


I was searching through lots of blogs and I ran into a recipe for a Peanut Butter Mug Cake. I changed up the recipe a little bit to attempt to make it a little bit healthier. 

Here is the recipe as is... and then with my changes from My Happy Place 

4 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 tablespoons white granulated sugar 3 tablespoons of Equal
1/4 tsp baking powder1 egg 1 egg white (could've used 2)
3 tablespoons peanut butter 2 tablespoons of Natural P.B.
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 tablespoons vegetable oil



It was pretty good. I'm sure the one with real sugar and the whole egg may be a bit better :) I'm also not a huge fan of peanut butter, so I think next time I'd like to try one that has chocolate or chocolate chips in it. 

It was quite an eventful Sunday and I'm finally taking a little break! Another busy week ahead. This week, I HAVE to get into the classroom of mine and get it in order! My next session of summer school starts on August 6th... crazy how fast this month is going!

Has anyone ever tried mug cakes? If so, what kind? I'm always looking for new recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment