Saturday, July 7, 2012

food coma.

So, like I said yesterday, we went to The Melting Pot tonight. It was a-ma-zing! I literally needed Tony to roll me out of the car and up to our apartment. I think I need to take the "motivated" out of my name because I ate enough for like 4 people. Or at least that what my stomach is showing right now... not good.

But back to our amazing date night :)

First we started with a Boston Lager Cheese Fondue. It had bacon, cheddar cheese, and of course... BEER!


Oddly enough, my favorite dipping item was the Granny Smith Apples! You can't see them in the picture, but they were so good! It was soooo good, however, after a while the rich flavor got to me and I needed to stop!

Then we got our salads. I ordered a California salad. It had mixed greens, gorgonzola cheese, tomatoes,  sugared pecans, and a raspberry dressing. It was also delicious. Literally, by the time I got half way down with the salad, I was so full... trust me... that didn't stop me.


Because I have never been to The Melting Pot, I figure we would just have cheese fondue and that was it. BUT... we got to make our own food at the table. Why I never knew this... I have no idea! So with our Groupon we could get steak and lobster. We had the choice to get pretty much any other entree, but I LOVE steak and am IN LOVE with lobster. So, we both decided on that.


AHHHH look at that food.... It was amazing. Looking at it now makes my stomach turn a little, but only because I am so full. So, we got to use our fondue forks and put it in the cooking sauce... It was a brandy red wine something or another- delicious.


There was some potatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli too :) So, we were holding our forks and letting it cook! Our waiter (who was super nice and pretty good looking ;) ) came over and laughed and told us we didn't need to hold on to the forks the whole time. If he didn't know before, he knew now, that we were virgin fonduers!

We ate ALL our of lobster and meat and by this time I was pushed WAY over the edge. But... I told Tony we can't leave without having dessert... I mean who knows the next time we will be back. We got just plain milk chocolate. It came with so many dipping items! Rice Krispy Treats, marshmallows, brownie, cheesecake, strawberries, bananas, pound cake... and I think that was all!


I think my favorite dipper was the strawberries... nothing is better than chocolate covered strawberries :)

Honestly, this may have been one of Tony and my favorite dates. We had such a nice time and laughed SOOOO many times. I know when some people go out to eat they don't want to go and have to cook, but this was so much fun! I would go again in a heartbeat. 


This was a before picture- I couldn't bare taking an after- we were both so full and Tony was beginning to slur his words from being so full- I think he was in a food coma :)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter:

And Facebook:

And on Instagram:
k8ries

When was the last time you had an amazing date and where did you go?!




No comments:

Post a Comment