Monday, June 25, 2012

wedding season has arrived

It's officially here... that time of the year that tends to get a little crazy (and completely fun!). I am lucky enough to be included in one of my best friend's weddings come this August! This weekend we celebrated her bridal shower and it was absolutely beautiful.

Here's the table setting... 



One of the neatest parts about this table setting is the China. All of the China is from within the family and is very old. I thought it was a great idea and each set was a little different. 


The bridal party minus one beauty who lives in Mexico :) and NO the yellow was not planned! Just some excellent fashion sense.



She's such a beautiful bride-to be. Only two months FROM TODAY she will officially become Mrs. Brayton.


Mmmmm... check out that plate of food. And this is probably the number one reason my diet plan hasn't worked yet! Eh, I guess I got my fruits and veggies in :) Along with my delicious white wine sangria... Jess did an amazing job. It had rhubarb in it which I think did the trick. Here is a recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the one she used... but it still looks great!


One of the gifts we got Jamie was this guest book that have been all over the internet! They are so cute and something that you can have hanging up in the house all the time. I saw the idea on another blog and checked out the lady who made them and sent a message to the other bridesmaids to see if they would want to go in on a tree. Then my DIY friend Jess, again (so creative this one!) said she would probably be able to draw one up and this is what she came up with! It is gorgeous! We also got everything else that is needed so Jamie doesn't have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding!



Of course after the quaint tea party... we needed to let loose a little bit so we put on our "He put a ring on it" tanks that we used for Jamie's bachelorette party and dove right into the Decker Bar!

Overall, it was such a beautiful day and I am so happy that I was able to be a part of it. Cannot wait for August 25th, it will be a day to remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment