Wednesday, June 27, 2012

good food. good friends.

Today was quite the warm one. I'm finishing up my week of Summer School and looking forward to officially starting my summer on Monday! I am definitely looking forward to it. 

Tonight, I was able to spend some time with some good friends. Just a little girl's night with some GREAT food (thanks again Jackie) and great conversation. When I moved to Green Bay two years ago, I literally had ZERO friends. Working at my school, I made tons of amazing friends. I look forward going to work because of ALL the people I work with. I have developed some amazing friendships. 

Enough with that though... check out some of this great food we ate!


Andrea made the Woopie Pies. She found the recipe on Pinterest and they were actually pumpkin flavored. Soooooo good! Jackie made a great Strawberry Salad and awesome Sangria from Food Network magazine (I believe). As well as bruschetta (one of my favs). I brought the funny looking one that looks like a block with some orange stuff, but in fact it's one of my favorite (and super easy) appetizers! You just take a block of cream cheese and a jar of Jams, Jellies, and More Fiery Hot Pepper Jelly. My mom and dad actually make ALL of the jams and jellies themselves. It is amazing! Check out all the different flavors. I am lucky (I think...) enough to be able to go and help them cook tomorrow.


Such a nice, relaxing afternoon. Definitely needed that! Especially after some great news I got, more to come on that in a later post.

So... what's YOUR favorite summertime snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment