Monday, August 20, 2012

more raspberries.

I still had some leftover raspberries so I decided to FINALLY make the raspberry banana bread recipe that I found. It also is considered a "skinny" recipe, which I'm not sure if that is really that true. 

I worked all day in my classroom and got SO much done! I can't wait to share the pictures once it is all done :) I made a lot of my stuff this year and laminated all of it so I won't have to do it again for quite awhile. I didn't use a lot of my stuff from last year because I had no idea if I would even have a job this year! SOOOOOOOO glad I can finally say I am good with a job for awhile :). 

So back to the banana bread! I used just frozen raspberries that I had. The recipe also called for applesauce and I've never baked with that. It really was good in the bread! 

Here is the recipe

1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas
2/3 cup of all natural applesauce (I used strawberry flavor.)
2 eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp of v anilla
2/3 cup of frozen organic raspberries
All natural raspberry jam (optional, but recommended)
Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar and salt together. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, oil, smashed bananas and applesauce together until smooth. Mix in the raspberries and then stir in the dry ingredients. Pour into a 9×5 pan coated with cooking spray. I topped with about 1/3 cup of all natural raspberry preserves and “swirled” it around. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until your fork comes out dry. Let the bread cool and then shake onto a plate. (It may be helpful to loosen the sides first)
I used Jams, Jellies, and More Raspberry Rhubarb jam where it called for jam. That's probably where the "skinny" can go out of the recipe! For some reason the bottom o the bread got stuck on the pan. I was pretty disappointed because I felt like I used enough Pam. Oh well, just because it doesn't look great DOES NOT mean it doesn't taste great!


Still looks good even if it is missing the bottom :).

Anybody have any good "skinny" recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment