Thursday, July 19, 2012

house{girlfriend}

What a rainy, rainy day. I actually kind of liked it.  Some days it's just nice to have rainy day. 

I went to Zumba again and just like kickboxing, I'm starting to get the hang of it. I got some more done in my classroom today. I took advantage or the cool day to get some work done. I'm hoping to get back there tomorrow, but we'll see how I feel :)

I made my boy a good meal tonight! I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and looked on my Pinterest boards to get an idea of what to make. 

I've been looking at these bacon wrapped asparagus for awhile now. So, I decided to give the a go. I changed it up a bit. I used turkey bacon and instead of brown sugar I just used about a tablespoon of Sugar Free Maple Syrup.


Here's the before. I forgot to add sesame seeds, so I added them about mid-way through.

And the after....


YUMMMM! It was so good.

I also made a Shrimp Scampi. It was super easy and from what the recipe said, healthy! I microwaved some brown rice and served that as well. 


Everything was so good. I had another helping of the asparagus. I think that was my favorite part. 

What is your favorite vegetable?!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Kate!! You are becoming a Gourmet Chef. I LOVE asparagus too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! And I'm "trying" to do most of it pretty healthy... but I feel like no matter what you think is healthy one minute... the next it's the worst thing for you...

    ReplyDelete